Education - The Construction Institute of Canada (TCIC)
Education and The Construction Institute of Canada (TCIC)
TCA offers several avenues for ongoing professional development through our educational arm, The Construction Institute of Canada (TCIC). For over a decade, TCIC has provided opportunities for industry practitioners to advance their knowledge, upgrade their skills, and collaboratively work to achieve the highest standards of industry professionalism and ethical conduct.
Sample courses offered through our Construction Institute include Construction 101, Fundamentals of Construction Management, Blueprint Reading and Estimating, Construction Law and Construction Project Close Out, in addition to our in-class courses we are now offering e-learning. All TCIC courses are offered to members at significantly discounted rates.
About The Construction Institute of Canada (TCIC)
TCA's education arm, The Construction Institute of Canada was founded in 2003 by a group of Canadian construction industry executives. The primary objective of these founders was to create an organization that would promote and implement the highest possible standards of professionalism and ethical conduct throughout the Canadian construction industry.
The founders shared a strong belief in the power of education and skills upgrading to elevate professionalism and ethical standards throughout the construction industry. To this end TCIC offers Gold Seal certified professional development courses for Canadian practitioners.
The Institute also recognizes the need for strong self-regulation in the construction industry and operates accordingly.
Every TCIC member has numerous opportunities to listen, question and learn from panels of seasoned construction industry experts addressing topical subjects.
In summary and simply put, the five objectives of the TCIC are to:
- Maintain the highest possible ethical standards and administer membership governance accordingly.
- Identify, develop and deliver accredited professional development opportunities for construction industry professionals in Canada.
- Provide industry practitioners with an educational accreditation program that combines construction-specific technical knowledge with commensurate business and management skills.
- Promote active industry partnerships and networking opportunities.
- Cultivate and maintain global affiliations and international reciprocity with construction associations and organizations that share our vision.
TCIC's goals are to:
- Define, promote and help safeguard the highest international standards of professional competence and ethical conduct among all Canadian construction practitioners.
- Assist industry owners and managers to reach and maintain these standards through education and professional development.
- Help ensure that high levels of professionalism and ethical conduct are maintained through membership governance.
- Raise public awareness of TCIC industry standards, especially among buyers of construction services.