Join WSIB Safety Excellence Program
How can TCA help me join a safety Group?
TCA in partnership with the Hamilton Halton Construction Association run a Safety Group formally known as the Regional Construction Safety Group, funded by the WSIB, guides employers in the integration of health and safety into their management systems.
New in 2020, the WSIB's Health & Safety Excellence Program recognizes employers for their efforts to improving their health and safety performance. This new voluntary incentive program continues the best features of the now retired Safety Group, WorkWell and Small Business programs. Aligned with COR, the Excellence program can help your company reach its health and safety goals.
- Employers can choose to work on 1 to 5 health and safety topics in a 12-month period
- Topics are selected based on the needs and risks most relevant to your company
- Registration is open year-round and program orientations are provided as needed
- Financial and non-financial recognition is based on your firm's individual performance
- Earn INDIVIDUAL account rebates and reduce injuries in the workplace
- Improve your health and safety culture
- Receive support and assistance from Safety Specialists
- Networking opportunities with your instant Health & Safety Network
- FINANCIAL INCENTIVE - Minimum financial rebate of $1,000 per completed health and safety topic up to a maximum of $50,000 per topic (based on your predictability 1.2% or 2% of your paid WSIB premiums)
- NON-FINANCIAL INCENTIVE - an Excellence program participation badge will be visible in COMPASS
- Validation preparation assistance
- Work towards COR certification
- Potentially improve your firm's WSIB rating
- 2 meetings per year with industry experts on key topics as requested by members (or timely industry topics, best practices or workshops)
- 5 working sessions to support and assist members with their company topics and submissions to WSIB
- Support and assistance on selected topics from Safety Specialists
- Networking and Peer support opportunities
- Phone and email support for WSIB claims from Paralegal
- One on one support and assistance via working sessions to review company specific topics and submission preparations
- An active WSIB account in good standing
- Maintain membership in the HHCA or Toronto Construction Associations
- Be a Schedule 1 firm working in the construction or manufacturing industries
- Register with an official WSIB program provider (RCSG)
- Attend 1 orientation session in a 12-month period
The fee to participate in the RCSG Excellence Program is $795 + HST per 12-month period. To read the Excellence Program Guidelines click here.
For more information contact Nazak Ghobadi / 416-499-4000 Ext 4106