Join a Safety Group
How can TCA help me join a safety Group?
TCA in partnership with the Hamilton Halton Construction Association run a Safety Group formally known as the Regional Construction Safety Group, funded by the WSIB, guides employers in the integration of health and safety into their management systems. The program includes a structured learning and networking approach for sustainable results. The objective of a Safety Group is to bring similar organizations together to develop better health and safety practices and policies.
After successful completion of the program, Safety Group Program participating firms are eligible for a rebate. Last year, our Regional Construction Safety Group participants shared in a rebate of $1.3M!
What are the Benefits of participating?
- Minimum financial rebate of $3,000 per firm
- Comply with current and upcoming legislation
- Healthy & stable workplace
- Enhanced access to the WSIB network
- Networking opportunities
- Stay up-to-date on all safety news
- Workplace audit assistance
- Potentially improve your firm's WSIB rating
Who should Participate?
In addition to members of the TCA, this Safety Group Program is available to members of the Hamilton Halton Construction Association.
If you are a company looking to improve your firm's Health & Safety Program, keep workers safe & improve your WSIB rating all while earning a rebate - this program is for you!
Participating firms in the program receive:
- Four meetings per year
- Safety binder each year with a FREE year-end binder review
- Assistance from our group’s professional safety consultant
- Presentations from industry experts
To participate in our Safety Group program, your firm must:
- Be a Schedule 1 firm
- Be in good standing with the WSIB
- Be committed to participating for at least full calendar year
- Have commitment from the owner or senior management to participate in the program
- Not be a member of the Safe Communities Incentive Program (SCIP)
- Participate in only one safety group at a time
For more information on the Regional Construction Safety Group, please contact Nazak Ghobadi.