3164 - SJOC Construction Inc. - Project Manager
Company: SJOC Construction Inc.
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Industries: Residential and ICI Construction
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
Years of Experience: 5+ Years
Education Level: University/College
About SJOC Construction:
SJOC Construction is a Toronto-based construction company, delivering high-quality design and construction services for both residential and commercial clients in Ontario.
Our industry remains strong and changing at a rapid pace. We continue to grow and evolve while ensuring the best quality workmanship for all clients.
We are always looking for exceptional talent to join our remarkable team. If you have the right skills, experience, and a can-do attitude, we want to hear from you!
SJOC Construction is currently seeking a Construction Project Manager (PM) to join our growing team. Reporting to the Construction Manager, the PM will be responsible for all the aspect of the assigned construction projects from beginning to end. This position will be based at our main headquarters in Toronto, ON.
Job Functions & Responsibilities:
- Involvement in pre-construction and laying the groundwork for the project implementation.
- Oversee securing building permits, occupancy, and licenses when required.
- Create and manage project schedules using MS Project or similar within a 5-day handover accuracy.
- Update the project schedule daily and weekly according to the individual tasks planned and completed.
- Communicate constantly with the clients and provide weekly updates as to the project status.
- Plan and coordinate with engineers, architects, trades, vendors, and clients, with consistent communication.
- Implement and oversee work breakdown structures and method statements for subcontractor work.
- Sourcing and enlisting subcontractors and personnel to complete the requirements of each project.
- Negotiate contracts with vendors to fulfill the project requirements.
- Increase the profitability of projects by maintaining schedule adherences, procurement negotiations, and project efficiencies through better planning and implementation.
- Issue RFI’s and change orders prepared by the Site Managers and Project Coordinators throughout the duration of the project, including negotiations, assessing costs, and outlining any schedule impacts.
- Update scopes of work as they evolve and determine change orders where required.
- Maintain continuous interaction with construction manager(s), site manager(s), project coordinator(s), and estimator(s).
- Monitor cost and quality of the work to ensure high standards are met.
- Complete your inspection forms and provide detailed reports for the project:
Quality assurances and controls.
COR and safety compliance.
- Anticipate and resolve project issues and advise management of potential problems.
- Understand and enforce contract documents.
- Participation in claims/dispute negotiations with trade contractors and other third parties (managing escalations).
- Approve payment draws and final holdback draws of the subcontractors.
- Participate in overall project closeout, including warranty manuals, deficiencies.
- Ensure all COR plus Health and Safety standards are adhered to by all team members.
- Ensure project compliance and adherence to Tarion Warranty, membership association requirements, and corporate branding policies.
- Search for and recommend complementary products or services that can help the customers further.
- Perform other related duties as required or assigned by the executive team.
- Maintain consistent controls over the client experience, budgets, quality of proposals and presentations, and external stakeholder management.
- Establish, implement, and weekly follow-up of SMART Based Objectives & KPI's for all reporting team members.
- Diploma or Degree in Construction, Architecture, or related field.
- Diploma or Degree in Project Management is an asset.
- PMP certification is an asset.
- High level of understanding how design drawings are to be built and implemented in a real-world situation.
- Full working knowledge of the applicable building codes, by-laws, space requirements, site requirements, and specific safety requirements.
- Proficient across the following sectors and categories of design:
Commercial with offices, retail, restaurants
Industrial & manufacturing
Military & security
High-end luxury homes and renovations.
Custom, spec, production-style, model homes
Low-, mid-, and high-rise buildings
Condominiums & apartments, new or reno.
Design & engineering
- Proficient knowledge in the following computer software categories, including but not limited to:
- Minimum 8+ years’ experience in a commercial and/or residential construction/architecture/engineering environment
- Ability to work successfully both in an independent and team environment.
- Valid Ontario G Driver’s License and access to a vehicle.
- Excellent written, oral, and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent leadership and organizational skills.
- Strong multi-tasking ability.
- Good eye for detail.
- Willingness to adapt to the ever-changing priorities in a construction environment.
- Ability to show ethics and professionalism on site and in the office.
- Ability to work on a fast-paced environment
Being Part of the SJOC Team:
- Great team dynamic and tight knit company culture. One of the most important factors in choosing your next role is the people you work with, and our people are AWESOME!
- Flexible work environment
- Competitive compensation package
To apply for this position please include your resume, cover letter and salary expectations.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
SJOC Construction welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Job Types: Full-time, Contract